You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
A bone marrow transplant, also called a blood stem cell transplant or BMT, can treat many diseases. For some diseases, BMT is the only potential cure. There are over 75 diseases that can be treated by BMT. Some of them are listed here.
Blood cancers cause uncontrolled growth of unhealthy cells in the bone marrow, which is the factory that makes blood cells. They can broadly be categorized as leukemias, lymphomas and myelomas.
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)
- Acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML)
- Hodgkin lymphoma
- Multiple myeloma
- Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS)
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)
Blood disorders, immune system disorders, inherited metabolic disorders