24th Edition NMDP Standards
The National Marrow Donor Program® / Be The Match® 24th Edition Standards and Glossary (effective January 1, 2018), replaces the 23rd Edition Standards, (effective January 1, 2016).
The National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP) Board of Directors has approved the 24th Edition of NMDP Standards. Please see the links below. For ease of review a redlined and clean copy of the 24th Edition Standards and a Record of Change are included.
These standards must be implemented by January 1, 2018. Read this document carefully and review your facility’s procedures and processes and complete updates that may be required for compliance by the effective date of January 1, 2018.
As always, questions or comments related to content of the 24th Edition may be submitted at any time to email@example.com. Please include the justification for any proposed changes. .
- NMDP/Be The Match 24th Edition Standards and Glossary (effective January 1, 2018)
- NMDP/Be The Match 24th Edition Standards and Glossary (effective January 1, 2018) redlined
- Record of Change, 24th Edition
- NMDP/Be The Match 23rd Edition Standards and Glossary (effective January 1, 2016)
Center-specific participation criteria
NMDP standards are designed to ensure that donors and patients receive high quality care and that government standards are met.
International Collection Center
Cord Blood Bank
- Member Cord Blood Bank Participation Criteria (PDF)
- NMDP Current Inventory Requirements for New Cord Blood Units (PDF)
International Donor Centers and Registries
U.S. Transplant Center Participation Criteria
Non-U.S. Transplant Center Participation Criteria
- Non-U.S. Transplant Center Participation Criteria (PDF)
- Redlined International Transplant Center Participation Criteria
Participation center criteria comments, suggestions or questions related to the NMDP participation criteria are welcome, and can be made by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.