Blood & Marrow Transplant Journeys: Ordinary people with extraordinary stories.
This collection captures the depth of the BMT experience and offers hope for you and your family as you embark on the transplant process. Through 6 chapters and a foreword by Suleika Jaouad, you may connect with others who’ve been there in the midst of isolation and illness.
If you're a patient or caregiver, order a free copy of the book here.
If you're a BMT health professional ordering copies for patients and caregivers, order them through the network site.
Otherwise, we kindly ask that you purchase the book from Shop Be The Match. Proceeds will go towards supporting future patients.
Thank you to everyone who has shared their story for this book. Your experiences give future BMT patients and caregivers a sense of connectedness, strength and hope.
Express your own story
Reflective writing is a way to explore your experiences. It can help you cope during a very difficult time by helping you express your emotions.
Reflective writing has many benefits. It can help you:
- Find meaning
- Gain perspective
- Cope with illness and treatment
Here are some ideas to spark your creativity:
- Reflect on your transplant experience. Think about what challenged you and what inspired you.
- Consider writing about the details of one impactful day.
- Did music inspire you? Write lyrics to your favorite melody.
- Think about a theme, like friendship, hope, fear, GVHD or caregiving, and write about that theme as it relates to your transplant experience.
- Make a collage out of images and photographs that convey your experience.
- Did a person inspire you? Write a tribute to someone who helped you through the process.
- Draw a cartoon about a day in the life of a transplant recipient.
- Write an open letter to a future transplant patient.
- Describe a meaningful or stressful day in a “Dear Diary” format.
Get Help Writing
Need help getting started? The Be The Match Patient Support Center can help you.
- Contact us for one-on-one guidance and support.
- Read the “Guide to Reflective Writing.”
Contact the Patient Support Center
CALL: 1 (888) 999-6743
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Central Time
Contacte al Centro De Apoyo Al Paciente
LLAME AL: 1 (888) 999-6743
De lunes a viernes, de 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Horario central)
CORREO ELECTRÓNICO: firstname.lastname@example.org