Your resource center for NMDP/Be The Match Advocacy news.
Public policy is just as important as medical research in saving lives. And, advocacy is a key component of these lifesaving efforts.
Our public policy and government affairs work focuses on these areas:
- Protecting our Program's Federal funding through Appropriations
- Maintaining our status as the Nation's registry through Reauthorization
- Increasing health equity to remove barriers and help increase access for underserved populations
- Removing healthcare barriers for blood cancer and blood disease patients
- COVID-19 Response
- President Biden signs the TRANSPLANT Act Renewing the Nation's Registry
- NMDP/Be The Match applauds its Senate and House champions for the simultaneous introduction of the TRANSPLANT Act which reauthorizes the C.W. Bill Young Cell Transplantation Program.
- Written Testimony of NMDP/Be The Match Chief Policy Officer Brian Lindberg
- European Travel Ban Waiver
- CISA Guidance
- Lockheed Martin Travel Support
- Canadian Border Travel Waiver
- NMDP/Be The Match comment letter on COVID-19 vaccine phase distribution
- NMDP/Be The Match comments to CDC on "People with Certain Medical Conditions Guidance"
- NMDP/Be The Match comments to CDC on revaccination of bone marrow transplant patient or HCT patients
- NMDP/Be The Match comment letter on continued COVID-19 relief funding for the immunocompromised