You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
You can find answers on this website to the most common questions we receive, including:
Becoming a donor
- How do I become a donor?
- Why is there sometimes a cost associated with joining the registry?
- I think I may already be on the registry. How can I find out whether I've already joined the Be The Match Registry?
- See more frequently asked questions about joining the registry
- How do I update my member information?
- What can I expect from the donation process?
- How do I verify that I am still on the registry?
Answer: Once you join, you'll be listed on the registry until your 61st birthday, unless you ask to be removed. If you're not sure whether you joined, you can call us at 1 (800) MARROW-2 (1-800-627-7692).
Donating umbilical cord blood
Patients and family
- See patients' frequently asked questions about finding a marrow donor
- See other resources for patients and families
*Be The Match Registry® is operated by the National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP).