You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
What is the PACES program?
PACES provides an opportunity to get individual telephone-based support during difficult times. We provide patients and caregivers support around the treatment and transplant experience at every step of the process.We can help you:
- Identify emotional, social and practical problems around illness and BMT
- Improve your coping skills and quality of life
- Find resources that may help you
- Regular phone calls with a social worker in our 8-session counseling program
- Check-in calls with a social worker for brief emotional support
- One-time conversations to discuss options for support at Be The Match® and within your local community
Who is eligible?
- Patients who have had a BMT, or plan to get a BMT
- Patients living with SCD who are considering transplant as a treatment option
- Patients receiving CAR-T cell therapy
- Caregivers and family members of eligible patients
- Bereaved caregivers or family members of transplant recipients
What kinds of topics can we talk about?
Specific topics will be different for everyone, depending on what you need. Topics may include:
- Adjusting to challenges that arise as a result of your diagnosis or treatment
- Developing coping strategies and managing emotions, such as distress or sadness
- Improving communication with the health care team and family members
- Finding reliable mental health-related information and community resources
- Preparing for treatments, transplant, and hospitalizations
- Adjusting to the role of a caregiver
Meet the PACES Staff
Hailey Hassel, MSW, LICSW, Senior Social Worker
Hailey has been a social worker in the Patient Support Center since 2018, providing emotional support to patients and caregivers along the transplant continuum. She received her Master of Social Work degree from the University of Minnesota and has previously worked in home care and hospice coordination, as well as pediatric and adolescent mental health services. Hailey is a member of the Association of Oncology Social Work (AOSW), the Association of Pediatric Oncology Social Workers (APOSW), and the American Society for Transplantation and Cellular Therapy (ASTCT).
Ben Tweeten, MSW, LICSW, Senior Social Worker
Ben joined the Be The Match Patient Support Center in early 2020. He received his Master of Social Work degree from the University of Minnesota. Ben has worked in a variety of settings including primary care, community mental health and the hospital system. He is a member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and the Association of Oncology Social Work (AOSW).
CONTACT THE PATIENT SUPPORT CENTER
CALL: 1 (888) 999-6743
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Central Time
All of our programs and resources are free.
CONTACTE AL CENTRO DE APOYO AL PACIENTE
Llame al: 1 (888) 999-6743
De lunes a viernes, de 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Horario central)
CORREO ELECTRÓNICO: email@example.com