Going through a major illness and treatment can be stressful. Emotional support is important. Having a support team in place to provide emotional and practical support and to talk to about your transplant journey can help. Be The Match® offers caring one-on-one professional and peer support. We can connect you with support and resources to guide you through your transplant journey.
Here are a few ideas on how to prepare emotionally:
- Talk with your family and friends about your feelings and how they can support you.
- If you have children, let them know what to expect during and after your treatment. The animated story, Super Sam versus the Marrow Monsters explains transplant in a friendly and informative way specifically for children and their families who are going through transplant.
- You may want to talk to other people who are going through a transplant or who have already had a transplant.
- Connect with other transplant patients and caregivers on Be The Match Patients Connect Facebook page.
- Download or request a copy of the Emotional Health After Transplant brochure for more information about emotional responses after transplant.
Contact us at Be The Match. We provide individualized support and education to help patients navigate the transplant journey. Phone: 1 (888) 999-6743. Email: email@example.com.