We are at the center of an extensive network of physicians, donors, researchers and other network partners. Our collective organizational wisdom is vastly greater than our individual knowledge. Teams with a wide range of expertise, such as Finance, Marketing, Human Resources and Training work together to ensure our organization is operating effectively and efficiently.
Learn more about these teams:
Business Development works to implement new business opportunities by examining our capabilities to identify new lines of business that are consistent with our mission. These opportunities are directed at both organizations with which we currently have business relationships, as well as exploring new relationships.
Distribution and Facilities
We are a customer service support unit fulfilling our organization’s needs for:
- Shipping and receiving
- Duplication services
- Office equipment maintenance
- Employee workstation comfort / ergonomic solutions
- Workplace safety and security
- Coordinating conference room setups and end user training of all specialized A/V equipment
- We are also responsible for the entire facility needs of the organization
Finance oversees the financial operations for both National Marrow Donor Program and our Be The Match Foundation. There is a wide variety of financial areas represented within the group including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Internal Audit, Financial Analysis and Planning, and Financial Reporting and Compliance. Staff work extensively with the many cost centers across the organization as well as external contacts from customers and vendors to various reporting and stakeholder groups. We use the most current version of Oracle EBS.
Human Resources is committed to furthering the NMDP Mission. We do this through attracting, engaging, developing and retaining a high performing, inclusive workforce. We promote a work environment that accomplishes organizational and departmental goals, facilitates ongoing employee and organizational development and values diversity. We also work with our Network partners (suppliers and customers) to provide them with educational opportunities.
The department consists of Strategic Business Partners and Centers of Excellence who provide the expertise, processes, tools and support for HR initiatives:
- Strategic Business Partners – Align people strategies with business strategies, employee engagement and relations
- Talent Management – Leadership development, performance management, talent/succession planning, competency management, change management, employee growth/development, employee engagement
- Learning and Development - Education of employees and our external Network partners to become skilled in their jobs and to further their careers
- Talent Acquisition – All aspects of talent sourcing and hiring
- Total Rewards – Strategic program design/management in the areas of compensation and benefits
- HR Solutions - Benefits administration, payroll and HR systems
- Volunteer Resources - Management of all volunteers/couriers in the organization
Marketing and Communications
Marketing and Communications is committed to raising the awareness of our life-saving mission. We do this by attracting, engaging and educating many different audiences, including the public, physicians, patients, network and legislative partners, internal staff and the media. We use traditional and online marketing channels and methods.
The department consists of strategic marketing, communications and creative experts who provide the strategies, processes, tools and support for all marketing and communication initiatives:
- General Public Marketing raises awareness, engagement and commitment to the Be The Match® brand through advertising and promotional campaigns, celebrity engagement, special events, merchandising, cause marketing and digital interactive strategies.
- Medical Marketing develops and implements medical education and clinical resources for clinicians. We also develop and manage strategic marketing and communications efforts to increase use of our services by hospitals, patients, researchers and payors through education, promotional campaigns, conferences, direct mail and digital interactive strategies.
- Corporate Communications develops and manages organization communications including public relations, reputation management, crisis communications, employee communications and events, legislative relations and major initiatives.
Office of General Counsel
The Office of General Counsel includes Contracts & Procurement and Legal Affairs & Risk Management. Contracts & Procurement is responsible for the procurement of all goods and services, including contract preparation, negotiation and overall administration. Legal Affairs is responsible for consultation, counsel and oversight of all legal matters impacting the organization. Risk Management engages in formal, enterprise-wide assessments of possible risks and development of proactive responses.
Typical issues handled by the Office of General Counsel, by itself or in conjunction with others, include:
- Legal and regulatory interpretation
- Intellectual Property oversight (e.g., trademarks, copyrights)
- Request for Proposal (RFP)/Request for Quote (RFQ) preparation and release
- Proposal preparation, including submission and negotiation, to government agencies and third party funding sources
- Contract negotiation and preparation
- Governmental agency interaction (e.g., HRSA, FDA, Customs)
- Donor and patient/product adverse events
- Protection of personal private information
- Internal employment matters
- Corporate matters, including policies and procedures
The Quality Systems department directly supports our strategic objective to improve process efficiencies and quality practices across three functional areas:
Quality Assurance oversees daily operations of the organization’s quality management system, including:
- Monitoring and resolution of quality-related incidents, including corrective actions and preventive actions
- Management of the document control software system, including approval of essential documents and system administration activities
- Coordination of cross-functional efforts to improve operational compliance with FDA’s good tissue practice and good manufacturing practice
Emergency Preparedness ensures the organization’s readiness to respond to contingencies through:
- Emergency preparedness and crisis response to incidents that impact operations
- Coordination of business continuity planning to continue critical tasks during catastrophic business interruptions
- Management of the Radiation Injury Treatment Network (RITN)
Donor Advocacy provides centralized advocacy services to donors, including:
- Assistance with informed consent
- Protection of confidentiality
- Financial assistance, medical/disability coverage and case management in the event of donation-related complications
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer